Home Insurance - Making a Household Claim
Remember……your policy is not a maintenance contract and does not cover any loss or damage caused by normal wear and tear/lack of maintenance - no insurance policy does. Remember too - that the amount you are entitled to claim may be reduced if your property is underinsured.
In the event of a sudden emergency in your home such as roof damage, a burst pipe or broken window, Allianz p.l.c. have arranged a 24 hour Emergency Helpline Service to give you immediate access to the experts to solve your emergency. Call 01 613 3990 any time. (This is an emergency number only and you will be charged for any call out/work carried out).
Please ring ESB Staff Insurance Scheme on 01-7026699 or Allianz CLaims Notification on 01 613 3990 to report household claims.
Will my bonus be affected if I make a claim?
A No Claims Bonus is a premium reduction that can apply to an insurance policy, whereby the amount of that premium reduction depends on the claims history. Any claim you make on or after your renewal date may impact your premium at the following renewal. Most types of claims will impact on your NCB and therefore your premium at next renewal. The maximum No Claims Bonus is three (3) years. If you encounter a loss for which you intend to claim, we recommend that you contact us prior to making the claim so that we can help you to understand the potential implications of doing so.
What do I do if my property is lost or damaged?
- Take any emergency action which may be necessary to protect your property from further damage e.g. switch off the gas, electricity and water.
- Check your policy wording carefully to see if the loss or damage is covered.
- Telephone ESB Staff Insurance Scheme immediately for advice on policy cover and how to proceed with your claim.
Note: If you have to arrange for a contractor to carry out emergency work, please keep the repair account which we will need to see.
I think I am covered - what do I do now?
If the damaged item can be cleaned or repaired or if no immediate repairs are necessary, unless otherwise agreed by Allianz p.l.c.
- Obtain an estimate for repairs or replacement (estimate should show breakdown of materials, labour and VAT),
- Notify us immediately to verify cover
- Do not carry out any work until Loss Adjuster visits and gives go ahead
Is there anything else I should do?
Please do not dispose of damaged items before Allianz p.l.c. have had an opportunity to inspect them.
Report any incident involving loss, stealing, malicious damage or hit and run damage to the Gardai.
If someone is making a claim against you or any of your household for any injury to them or damage to their property:
- You must contact us immediately by phone and follow up by sending us full details, in writing.
- Any letter or legal documents you receive should be sent to us, unanswered, without delay.
- It is most important that you leave us to deal with the matter on your behalf and do not get involved in any correspondence or conversation with the other person.
What excess do I pay in the event of a claim?
|Home Buildings: Standard/Water Damage||€225 / €400|
|Home Contents: Standard/Water Damage||€225 / €400|