The following is a guide to cover and benefits. You must read your policy schedule, Motor policy document and all associated documents for full cover details
ESB Private Motor insurance can provide cover for the following :
- Comprehensive Cover
- Third Party Fire & Theft Cover
In addition to the cover provided under Third Party Fire & Theft, Comprehensive cover gives you extra protection if your car is accidentally damaged.
Excess: €300 - the amount of any Excess will be reduced by €150 provided that the loss or damage to the Insured Vehicle is repaired by a repairer recommended by Allianz p.l.c.
Third Party Fire & Theft
This cover protects you in the event of fire, theft or attempted theft and covers you for claims made against you by other people for personal injury or damage to their property. Excess : Nil
No Claims Discount Protections available
Protected No Claims Discount Max 4 Life
Allows unlimited claims irrespective of total claims size with no effect on your No Claims Discount. This cover incurs an extra charge.
No Claims Discount Protection - 3 Claims in 3 Years
Allows you 3 unlimited claims in a 3 year period. This cover incurs an extra charge (Claims for Windscreen/Fire/Theft will not affect this protection). This cover is available if you are not eligible for Max 4 Life.
Protected No Claims Discount
Allows you to have 2 unlimited claims in a 3 year period (Claims for Windscreen/Fire/Theft will not affect this protection).
This cover is standard and does not incur an additional charge
Pre-Accident Value Top Up
If your Insured Vehicle is lost or in Insurer's opinion damaged beyond economical repair and between 12 and 72 months old Insurers will pay an amount in addition to the pre-accident value. Refer to section 5 of the Motor Policy Document.
Driving Other Cars extension
If item 5(b) is shown on your current Certificate of Insurance Insurers will cover you while you are personally driving a vehicle owned by somebody else for third party cover.
If item 5(b) is shown on your current Certificate of Insurance and Section 4 is shown on the current Schedule you are covered to drive somebody else’s car for comprehensive cover on your policy, subject to a maximum engine size of 3000cc and maximum limit of €50,000.
New Car Replacement
If your Insured Vehicle is lost or in Insurer's opinion damaged beyond economical repair within 12 months of it’s first registration as new Insurers will replace the vehicle with a new vehicle of the same model and manufacture subject to availability
Personal Accident to You and Your Domestic Partner
- Fatal Accident Benefit - €30,000
- Loss of Sight - €30,000
- Loss of Limb - €30,000
Liability to Third Parties
- Damage to Property - €30 million
- Death or Bodily Injury – Unlimited
Additional Benefits at no extra charge
- 24 Hours Breakdown Assistance
- Unlimited ESB Business Use
- Unlimited Windscreen Cover - covering damage to your windscreen, without loss of NCD if repaired by Autoglass.
- Temporary Substitutions: No need to tell us if your permnanet car is in for repair or service and is not covered by the garage or car repairer, you're covered for the loan car up to 2000cc for up to 7 days NEW!
- Rugs, Clothing & Personal Effects: Max Limit €1,000
- Sat Navs/Games/Consoles & Equipment (permanently fitted) €1,000
- Temporary Replacement Car for up to 7 days following an Accidental Damage/14 days following Theft of the insured vehicle.
- Motor Tax: Cover for the un-expired portion of the motor tax if you are unable to recover a refund from the Licensing Authority following a statutory write off of your car NEW!
- Medical Expenses €130 per injured occupant per day spent as a hospital inpatient up to a max of 20 days.
- Foreign Travel has been increased from 60 days to a maximum of 6 months in any period of insurance NEW!
- Child Car Seat Replacement in the event of Fire, Theft, Malicious Damage or Accident Damage while seat is in the vehicle